Below are instructions to back up the SightLogix SightMonitor database.
- In SightMonitor, select "Edit" > "Backup data base now"
- Once done, should have a new directory in
C:\Program Files\sightlogix\cs\db\backups with two files (slcs.properties and slcs.script)
- Copy those files (slcs.properties and slcs.script) to a safe location. These are your database backups.
If the “Backup Database” command did not work in Step 1, refer to the alternate method below to complete the db backup.
- Make note of your SightMonitor version and License Number by selecting Help > About in Sight Monitor.
- Copy all map files to a safe location contained in map directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SightLogix\CS\Tomcat\webapps\slcs\site_images
- Copy your SightMonitor License file to a safe location. Your License file can be located by searching for cs-cert-100000XXX.zip
Note: Do not unzip the License file; it must remain in a zipped state when requested by SightLogix installer.
Follow the steps below to backup your database if the "Edit" > "Backup data base now" command fails.
- Note the currently installed SightMonitor version by logging into SightMonitor and selecting Help > About
- Close all SightMonitor windows.
- Start the Windows services (services.msc) window and manually stop the SightLogix service.
- Open a Windows File Explorer window and go to:
- Copy the two files (slcs.properties and slcs.script) and place in safe location in case they are needed for recovery
- Name the directory where the files are contained with the SightMonitor version recorded in Step 1 (i.e. X_X_XXXX for X.X.XXXX). Thedatabase structure is specific to the major release of SightMonitor being used.
- Start SightLogix service previously stopped in step 3.
- Copy all Map files contained in
C:\Program Files (x86)\SightLogix\CS\Tomcat\
webapps\slcs\site_images to a safe location for reference if you need to reinstall SightMonitor.