SightLogix announced the End of Life (EOL) for Second Generation (Gen2) SightSensors in May, 2015. In response, we have created a cost-effective Gen2 to Gen3 Upgrade Program for customers who would like to replace their existing Gen2 SightSensors with new Gen3 models. This is a completely voluntary program, and you can continue to use your existing Gen2 SightSensor if it is operating to your satisfaction.
Here’s how the Gen2 to Gen3 Upgrade Program works:
- Place an order for an Upgrade Program for each SightSensor you want to replace (prices available through you SightLogix Regional Sales Director). Program includes the necessary conversion cable.
- Return your existing Gen2 SightSensor(s) to the SightLogix factory. Your existing unit must have a functioning thermal imager.
- We will remove the thermal imager from your Gen2 unit and place it into a new Gen3 SightSensor, which includes an all-new enclosure with smaller footprint, enhanced processor board, lower power consumption, and Ethernet-out connection (replacing the Gen2 Mil-Spec connector).
- We will test and return your new Gen3 SightSensor ready for use.
- You can use the included Gen2 to Gen3 Conversion Cable to connect to your existing U-XX Gen II cable, or choose to pull new conventional Ethernet and power for the Gen3 unit.
- Your upgraded Gen3 SightSensor will qualify for a standard, one-year warranty, excluding the original thermal core.
- Please note that NS620 Gen2 cameras are excluded from this program.
The Upgrade Program also requires a mandatory firmware software upgrade for each site to run the Gen3 cameras.
Please contact your SightLogix Sales Director for any questions or to apply for the Upgrade Program.
Call: +1 609.951.0008 x109