On July 14, 2022, SightLogix announced the End Of Life for the NS3 and TC3 320x240 cameras, upgrading them with a 384x288 line. The new line offers wider coverage, 44% more pixels and a clearer thermal image, delivering a superior value.
If you have existing SightSurvey designs that use an 320x240 NS3 or TC3, it's very easy to replace them with a comparable 384x288. This tutorial shows you how.
How To Distinguish an EOL Camera
An End of Life camera is indicated in the following manner:
- Camera icon is greyed out in your design
- The line item in the Camera List is red.
- The Materials list shows "Unknown"
How to Replace an EOL Camera in SightSurvey
- Click the grayed-out device to activate it.
- Change your camera series to either NS4 or TC4 from the Drop-down Camera List at right.
- SightSurvey will automatically select the appropriate 4-series camera based on the original camera's detection coverage area.
- Confirm that the replacement meets your detection coverage needs. Re-orient if necessary.
- Save your design!
Which 4-Series Camera Replaces My 3-Series?
Use the chart below to see which NS4 or TC4 replaces your EOL camera.
|NS3 Series||FOV / Detection Distance||Replacement Camera||FOV / Detection Distance|
|TC3 Series||Inbound Detection Distance/FOV||Replacement Camera||Inbound Detection Distance/FOV|